EVANS FARMS
 
 
 
 
 

HISTORY OF THE FARM

 

In 1857 a young man, Frederick Vonderahe, hired on as a freight wagon driver bound for the West.  After several weeks, and in the middle of the prairie, a disagreement prompted Frederick to choose to walk instead.  He actually arrived in Oregon ahead of the wagon train.

Frederick ultimately settled on property south of Oregon City, near the settlement of Carns, later known as Carus.  The rolling hills, tall timber and abundance of water were perfect for the fruit and grain farming that Frederick intended.  The property is now the home of Evans Farms, owned and operated by his great, great granddaughter, Cindy Lou Pease.  Cindy Lou assumed leadership in 1980.  Sons Jeremy and Joshua have joined the family business as well.

Nursery crops were begun in 1964 by Cindy Lou's parents, Eldon and Joyce Evans.  Prior to 1964, fruits and vegetables were commercially grown on the farm and also were offered for sale to the public.  When ornamental plants were available for sale, the Garden Center was born.

The nursery is a highly productive wholesale field and container growing business; growing over 300 varieties of plant material on over 250 acres.  Evans Farms currently ships plant material to 36 states.

We welcome customer visits to tour the growing grounds and arboretum.  We prefer to schedule in advance but if unable to, please stop by and we will do our utmost to accommodate.

 

 

 

     

EVANS FARMS
22289 S. Molalla Hwy 213
Oregon City, OR  97045
Phone 503-632-3475
Fax 503-632-4967